Launch of Chief Ministers Atmanirbhar Asom Abhijan portal
Honourable Chief Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma launched Chief Ministers Atmanirbhar Asom Abhijan portal on 23rd September, 2023 in the Chief Ministers Conference Hall. Shri Bimal Boro, Minister for Industries and Commerce, Sh Ashok Singhal, Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Sh Atul Bora, Minister of Agriculture, Smt Ajanta Neog, Minister of Finance, Sh Paban Barthakur, IAS, Chief Secretary of Assam, Dr Ravi Kota, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries, Commerce and Public Enterprise and Dr.S Lakshmanan, IAS, Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Industries Commerce and Public Enterprise were some of the distinguished guests present in the occasion. Mrs. Kabita Roy Das, DDG and State Information Officer, Assam, Mrs. Kakoli Choudhury, Sr. Director IT, NIC Assam and other officers were present in the meeting.
Key objectives of the scheme are as follows:
- Provide self-employment to all categories of educated Youth through suitable mechanism.
- Create entrepreneur oriented ecosystem in the state of Assam.
- Generate employment opportunities in rural and urban areas through setting up of new and existing ventures.
- Provide financial assistance to enterprising individuals and groups to undertake new and existing economic activities.
- Strengthen the State Governments special focus on rural economy.
A portal has been developed by NIC Assam, within a very short time. The URL of the portal is https://cmaaa.assam.gov.in The portal facilitates registration of the unemployed youths with the criteria that they are already registered with the employment exchange. The same is verified through an API from the concerned portal.
The online registration process will continue for a month. The verification of applications will be carried out by the officials after the closing of registration process.
NIC Assam has received appreciation from the Commissioner of Industries and Commerce for invaluable and swift support in the development of the registration portal which has been instrumental in meeting timelines and requirements by the department.