Computer Aided Learning (CAL) is a National Flagship Programme under SSA to provide exposure to the students of Upper Primary Schools to access the Computer Technology and learn their regular course using the Animation based Digital Contents. The main motto of CAL in schools is to provide joyful, interactive and interesting ways of learning, through illustrations, examples and interactive tools, particularly designed to emphasize on the HARDSPOTS of the regular curriculum of subjects like Mathematics, English, Science and Computer Literacy.
The prime objectives of the CAL are :
• To create Computer awareness and literacy among children and teachers at the elementary stage.
• To make teaching-learning effective and interesting through Computer Aided Learning
• To empower and train the teachers.
• To generate the hard spot chapters with the help of graphics, animations & other innovative methods for easy understanding.
• To improve the quality of education by making education joyful and interesting.
• To provide an opportunity to the students at elementary level to use and learn computers with the teaching-learning process.
Jharsuguda district this year completed successfully 8 days Teachers Training in two phases. In 1st Phase 47 nos. of Teacher are trained and in 2nd phase 20 nos. of Teacher are trained under CAL Programme-2012-13.
The Faculty of NIIT as well as DIO, NIC, Jharsuguda imparted the training as Resource Persons. The Programmer & CAL Assistant assisted the Programme.
The Training Programme was conducted in two venues of Jharsuguda District i.e. Beheramal Cluster under Jharsuguda Block and G.L.Toup C.R. Centre of Belpahar MPL, Lakhanpur Block.
D.I.O, NIC delivered his valuable suggestions to the participating teachers about the benefit of CAL and how it can help them for their self-skill development. Programme was focused on integration of the process of curriculum teaching and use of Computer as an Aid. Prizes & Certificates were distributed to CAL Teachers.